Nau mai, haere mai ki te paetukutuku o Poripori Farm A Trust
The trust board and staff of Poripori Farm A Trust would like to welcome all visitors to the trust website.
The Poripori Farm Trust is located 10 kilometres from Tauranga City at the foothills of the Kaimai Ranges in the Bay of Plenty.
The 1551 hectare property is traditional Maori land with multiple shareholding of approximately 1500 owners with ties to the iwi of Ngaiterangi, Ngati Ranginui in Tauranga Moana and the hapu of Ngati Koroki Kahukura from Waikato .
The development of the property as a farm unit commenced in the late 1950s and was managed by government departments on behalf of the beneficial owners. In 1982, managing trustees were nominated by the owners and ratified by the Maori Land court. This led to the immediate implementation of new and beneficial business strategies.
At the peak of the farm production season, capital livestock numbers reach 8,700 sheep, 1,380 cattle, with up to 1,000 grazing dairy heifers.
Poripori Farm Trust invites you to read more about the Trust, it's history, business activities and shareholder notices in our new website.